Saturday, February 20, 2016

Local Revision: Passive and Active Voice

In this post I'll be evaluating my verb use.
Active (specific)                                   
snapped
disregarded
attended
profited
interviewed
exposed
studied
changed
based
secure
considering
explain
correct
interviews
contains
exist
argue

Active (general)
were
needed
went
said
sent
saw
see
bought
spent 
wore
posted
turned
wore
posted
turned
became
took 
made
left out
wanted
said
took
given
cared
gone
did
done
found
seen
asking
gain 
go
agree
find
figure out
seeing
using
explain
have
look
throw
be
come

Passive
No passive voice!

1. There are no instances of passive voice, which I don't necessarily think is a bad thing. Although I have lots of specific verbs, I have more vague verbs. Sometimes these are necessary, but to improve I can always changed some general verbs to more specific ones.

2. I use lots of verbs more than once, so in addition to making vague verbs more specific, I could add some variety to my verbs and change the ones that I use many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment