Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self- Assessment

In this post I'll be honestly evaluating myself and my work on project 1.

1. I feel pretty good about what I've submitted as far as conventions and structure go. I think I made a pretty solid QRG. I worry that I have enough details in all the right places, but I think I had good use of short enough paragraphs with space in between, and that I made it "scannable". I think it's attractive to the eye, but I'm a tad worried that my content is all that it should be- even though I'm inclined to believe that it is.

2. I think the biggest weakness of my project is probably coming to a conclusion, because due to the nature of my controversy we won't really have a conclusion. Everyone will never see the same color. I'm also worried that I didn't spend enough time making sure all the details were in place, and in the right place. I sort of have that feeling that even though I think I did everything right, when I get the grade back I'm going to realize I made a major mistake.

3. My biggest strength is that I have a lot of stakeholders and I think I did a thorough job evaluating all of their points of view. I even included some that I didn't have to, like some incorrect scientific evaluations. But I think that added to my controversy because it showed that everyone, even those not qualified, really wanted an explanation for seeing different colors.

4. My time management was patchy. I think I spent a good amount of time developing the QRG itself and I didn't wait on that, but I think that for some of the deadlines (especially pre-production) I waited until the very last day and spent one very long, sad Sunday doing blog posts. My timing could have been better, but it also could have been worse at times too.

No comments:

Post a Comment