Friday, May 6, 2016

Open Post to Peer Reviewers (Fine Cut Actually)

This is actually my fine cut because my life is a mess right now but just go with it

Key information: Not much, only that if the video quality isn't as high as it could be there was literally nothing I could do, I had my laptop camera and iMovie to work with. But I think it's not terrible quality, I mean you can pretty clearly see what I'm doing so it should be fine

Issues or weaknesses: None really, seeing as this is my fine cut. I'm a little worried content wise, but honestly I'm always worried. I'm not worried for any particular reason other than I really want to do well.

Strengths: I think the editing is pretty good! I went back and reenacted moments from the projects as they pertained to my time management, learning new technology, and my writing process and edited them in a concise yet detailed (ha) manner. I think that part is pretty money.


Without further ado, Fine Cut


2 comments:

  1. Hi Sarah,

    You did a very great job constructing this video. I really enjoyed your cuts to different videos and how those served as your evidence. Also, the inclusion of your roommate in the video was a plus.

    In terms of conventions, I may suggest a change to one of them. Like I said, i really enjoyed how you included clips of you/your roommate as your evidence. I liked it in the fact that it was very creative. However, they were, at times, distracting. I was listening to what you were saying in the direct video, but then I got distracted by the inclusion of evidence (as they were funny and undeniably true). With that being said, I would suggest incorporating some still pieces of evidence. For instance, include an image of a past publication and put audio over that. This would make it easier for the audience to stay focused on your topic.

    Again, great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how you show how your writing process evolved! All the little movie like clips that sort of tell a story are super. They’re really funny and engaging. It might be helpful to use some sources from an outside source like a gif or a movie clip or something like that but you do a really great job of interestingly presenting the issue.

    ReplyDelete